So anyway, the Liebster award is apparently awarded to bloggers who have under 200 followers. That is definitely me. I love my 55 followers, they make loving this even sweeter. In order to accept this, here are the things that need to be done.
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There's no tag backs.
So here goes.......
11 Things about me
- I am a mom of two wonderful children, Holly (4) and Jack (almost 1)
- I was a 5th grade teacher for 9 years and left to take care of my kids when Jack was born (I miss it a little. But only the students and the teaching, not the other B.S that comes along with it)
- I play the piano, mostly classical, but lately it has been nursery rhymes and disney songs
- I have only been addicted to nail polish for about 8 months....it all started when I saw nail taping on pinterest
- I am a super nerd....all things science fiction and fantasy (books, movies, tv shows)
- I have three tattoos. Two on my back of musical stuff and one on my ankle of a black cat
- I am a highly independent person even though I love being around other people. The first sentence out of my mouth was I can do it myself!
- I just finished watching Lost on Netflix (no commercials or waiting rocks!) and I feel lonely without the characters now. I need a daily Sawyer fix.
- I am lucky to be married to my best friend. My husband is an amazing person
- I love DIY projects. It turns out this makes me more like my father than I ever thought.
- I have been working really hard to lose some weight so I can look like the 18 year old I still feel like on the inside
Answers to the questions
1. Why did you start playing with polish?
I was on pinterest and saw a tutorial on how to do nail designs using tape. It completely snowballed from there!
2. What is your favorite thing to do with your nails?
A french manicure (often a funky one) and one accent nail
3. Cats or dogs?
Cats. I have one named Rosie. And I have always had a cat for as long as I can remember
4. Favorite thing to do on your day(s) of relaxation?
Read and eat meals without being interrupted by some crises or another. Also, take a bath :-)
5. Favorite food?? (RECIPE linkaaageee if it is a dish ;))
Thai food. Especially Panang Curry. yummmmmm
6. What is your #1 Lemming polish?
7. What inspired you to turn your polish hobby into a blogging hobby?
I needed to find a way to share all of my thoughts and ideas without making the people around me crazy with my non-stop talking. I also didn't want to alienate some of my guy friends on facebook by posting pictures of my nails all the time.
8. If you could design your own indie polish, what would it look like?
Hey....this was going to be a question I asked! I'm still going to :-P I would have collections inspired by dorky movies. The first being The Princess Bride, with polishes like 'Hello, my name is INDIGO' and 'Princess Buttercup'
9. House is on fire. What do you grab to take out? Only time to grab one thing (weight is not an object, pretend you are super strong)
I am answering this question with the assumption that none of my family is inside because if that were the case I would grab them. But I think I would grab the portable hard drive with all of the pictures of my children on it. You can't replace that
10. Favorite song?
Scenes from an Italian Restaurant by Billy Joel
11. Favorite polish you own?
Currently it is either Candied Violets from the indie polish maker D & R Apothecary or Gladiator by Ultra Pro (this is really a hard question just so you know!)
My 11 questions for you
- Who is your hero and why?
- Where is one place you would go if money weren't an object?
- What are your three favorite things to do when you have no other obligations?
- What is your most prized possession (not a person)?
- What is your favorite memory?
- How did you choose the name of your blog?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- If you could design your own polish line what would it be called and what would be the first collection you would create?
- What is your go to color?
- Where do you get inspiration for your manicures?
- Do you own any indie polishes? If so, what kind? If not, what is the first one you would buy?
- The Clockwise Nail Polish
- Nail Pron
- Ruby's Nails
- Try it With Carmella
- Glitter in my Veins
- Apple Lacquer
- Enchanted Nails and Fluffy Dog Tails
- The Cute-icle Chronicles
- No Holos!
- My Indie Glam Addiction
- Polish Crazed
I chose all of these blogs because they are all ones that I look forward to seeing new posts from whether it be because they have a great eye for color or are great nail artists. Please go and check all of these ladies out!
Thank you again to Jess from Too Cute-icle. I can't wait to read everyone's answers and to learn more about these bloggers.
Have a wonderful day everyone!