Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A is for Autumn

In case you don't know I have recently started a new group on facebook called Llama Nails. We are a group of fun loving nail girls who just want to have fun with nails and keep the drama for the llama :-)  If you haven't seen....here is our adorable little mascot llama.  You know she wants you to do her nails, right?


So we have started a new challenge today called the ABC of Nails.  We will be going through the alphabet one week at a time! Each week we will post a manicure that contains something from the letter of the week.  It can be a polish name, a polish brand, an item on your nails, or even a technique.  These posts will come to you on Wednesdays! 


Obviously to begin with we are starting with A.  I wanted to do something different, but had a hard time coming up with something. The weather here yesterday was so beautiful.....almost fall like, so I decided to do an 'A'utumn manicure.  I love Autumn, don't you?  The smell of pumkin spice, crisp leaves, apple cider.  The sound of rustling leaves and kids playing outside.   Even the gorgeous colors of Autumn.  They have to be some of my favorite color combinations.  Russet oranges, dark reds, golden browns, and coppery colors.  I recently purchased an indie polish from Hit Polish called Autumn Harvest which is a gorgeous combination of sparkly fall colors.  I used this over gold and then did a gradient using some colors found in the polish with a leaf stamp on top.  I really like this gradient and I think it looks just beautiful next to Autumn Harvest and the gold stamp! I am so glad I get to keep this on for a couple of days!! Doesn't it make you want to take a walk in the brisk fall air and step on lots of leaves :-) 

Base-Milani Gold Dust
Glitter-Hit Polish Autumn Harvest
Accent Gradient-Ultra Pro Mossy Britches, Ultra Pro Burnished Bronze, & Finger Paints Picasso's Puce
Stamp-BM04 using Maybelline Bold Gold




Sorry if my cuticles aren't quite up to par :-(  Alas, so many other things going on!!

So, what's your favorite thing about Autumn??  

And hey....I have opened my polish store on Etsy, so please stop by and check out some of my Princess Bride inspired polishes! It's called Llama Lacquers :-)

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all of your comments! Please check out the other ladies participating in this fun challenge.  Lots of really cool 'A' manicures!




13 comments:

  1. I love this, what a fun challenge!! That Hit Polish Autumn Harvest glitter is amazeballs, and your mani is fantastic! Definitely puts me in the mood for fall =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Go get some Hit Polish!! and tell Rachel I sent ya :-)

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! The colours are stunning and are just like little autumn leaves on your nails. :) That's also my fav part, crunchy leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss all the colors of fall! We don't get the pretty colors very often, mostly we got from green to yellow to piles of soggy brown. #8(

    Way to go openning your store!!! Methinks I'll be heading over there soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much rain up there in Wa, huh! Thank you double times! Coming up with my name AND being my first customer. You rock :-)

      Delete
    2. You are doubly welcome!

      Now I'm having a wait problem...I want to show off your polish to the world!

      Delete
    3. Lol! They will be on their way tomorrow!! :-) Both my kids got the strep :-( But, I am currently printing your receipt, printing the shipping label, and carefully packing it all so you can do a beautiful manicure with them (or one at a time) :-P

      Delete
    4. Ugh! My sympathies to you & your kids.

      New polishes...Oh Happy Day!!!

      Delete
  4. I love what you did with that gradient, and ME WANT DAT GLITTER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe! I am kinda proud of that gradient :-) You should definitely check her out if you haven't done so yet....she's amazing!

      Delete