Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cats in Corners on a Colorblock

I knew from the day I started this challenge I knew what I wanted to do for C.  I love a colorblock manicure and I never do them.  The first and the last one I did was for my trip to NYC and I got so many compliments on it.  And this was before I was really any good at doing my nails :-P  I also wanted to throw in another C word into these nails, but wasn't sure what.  Cookies?  Caterpillars? Caligraphy?  Nope, Cats. Plain old cats.  A black cat even....cause it's almost Halloween and I want to do everything Halloweeny right now.  I really wanted to do some orange, green, gold, fall colors, but changed my mind in the end and went with some bold and darker colors.  I think it turned out pretty great. The only thing about color blocking is that with adding so many colors it gets messy and requires a lot of cleanup which in turn dries out my cuticles. Other than that I really like this one.  Its cute and a bit whimsical.  What do you think?

Colors-Hard Candy Frenzy, NYC Manhattan, NYC Sidewalks, Nicole OPI Give Me the First Dance
Stamp-BM04 using Kleancolor Black


So, I am thinking about having naked nails for a while as I fix the dryness around my cuticles.  They just look awful and even with a great manicure, all I can see is the bad cuticles.  Other than that, I hope you enjoyed this one.  I think it's pretty darn cute!!  

Thanks for stopping by and check out all the other Creative and Cute manicures.  



11 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love the look on the cats faces too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It looks a lot like my mom's cat Spooky....she's never happy :-P

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely adorable! Love love LOVE the cats in corners in the colorblocks. So creative =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like to get in as many things that have to do with the letter as I can....without going overboard!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this mani & into my note book of nail art it will go!!!

    You could try using only lighter color polishes for awhile. Less clean up & a chance for the yellowing to fade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a new regiment for nail care so that I hopefully don't have to stop doing my nails. It already seems to be working :-) The yellowing I'm afraid there is nothing I can do about it

      Delete